April 8, 2012. 115-minute recording given at The University of Nottingham by Thich Nhat Hanh. The sangha is on the UK and Ireland Tour and this is third dharma talk for the Cultivating Happiness Family Retreat.
- if you are not fresh, there is not much to offer to your love
- the best thing you can offer is yourself. Your present, your freshness.
- if you are fresh, free and have space, you have alot to offer. It needs practise.
- practise mindful breathing
- I am solid, I am reliable
- I am here for you
- practise mindfulness, concentration, then will have insight
- in touch with the mother earth
- you are the environment and environment is you
- removing wrong views
- view of happiness, view of suffering, can be wrong
- right view is free from discrimination
- understanding and compassion
- right thinking, only possible when there is right view
- how to define man, by actions
- you are what you produced by actions
- wrong thinking harms yourself and the world
- you need to consider what would be continued in the future, after your death