Our reactions and emotional conditioning are rooted in a wrong perception of our life and our relationship to the world. In guided meditations and by deep looking we gain the opportunity to deepen our understanding. Seeing and experiencing the deep interconnectedness of our life with all life – Interbeing – we can relax more and more. The concept of a separate self that has to fight with others will slowly weaken. We can wake up to the support and love that is always there.
Tuesday, November 30, 2010
Being pushed to create a new small circle. Hate to do it. The reason being told is contradicted with what is being told to do. I am not a "doll" that I truly know :)
Don't know. My 6 sense telling me, it won't last long. However it also means this kind of thing will need to be repeated and repeated again. What I can do is to do more "watering" :)
on 4:28:00 PM
Monday, November 29, 2010
Heard of the song "Island of the Self" many times but cannot remember the lyrics (not even a bit).
One day, I read transcibe in Plum Village website and there is lyrics there. So I follow the words and I can sing the song (normally I cannot sing the song just seeing the words). After that, I can remember the whole song.
on 5:04:00 PM
Sunday, November 28, 2010
You Should Stay Away From Pink
You are honest and open. You love rational, logical discussion, and you're turn off by anything too emotional.
The color pink sometimes represents weakness and inhibition. By contrast, you pride yourself on being bold!
Pink can also be a bit claustrophobic, and there's nothing you seek more than freedom.
You Are Spontaneous and Easygoing
You know that life doesn't always go the way you plan, and to be honest, you think that's a beautiful thing.
You are good at letting go of control and seeing what just happens. You don't even try to change the future.
You stress less than most people and really cherish your imperfect life. You may have problems, but you don't let them weigh you down.
You find happiness wherever you can, and because of your attitude, you're able to find happiness in many places.
Your Vision is Free-Spirited
More than anything else, you'd like to see a world that is more tolerant, accepting, and loving.
It's minds like yours who traveled extensively, collected amazing stories, and shared them with others.
You have always been open to experiences and change. You refuse to limit yourself.
You feel most alive when you aren't being restricted by anyone. You hate rules!
Saturday, November 27, 2010
Thursday, November 25, 2010
Wednesday, November 24, 2010
Tuesday, November 23, 2010
While doing the same thing as boss, the feeling is there is no listening. Turn out no communication. Remember Thay told us, when A is B and B is A, then communication happens.
We may try our best to talk, but how much is related to communication. If for talk, it is less and less. I prefer not to talk as it will not create problem:) Don't say anything then there is no story telling by others. I know it is not healthy but really don't want to think of a way. At least currently I feel ok. What I do differently is that I try to carry a smile :) At least, this is kind of practising (I guess).
on 4:03:00 PM
go well with people who are also liked to produce results...hohoho
I always think, for personal chosing, why I need to stay with people that are not willing to work hard (hate to listen to people that are going to say the same again and again). Sure I don't mind to help others to do anything but sure they need with the heart to do so. I don't know, just like saving, nothing to buy then save and no need to spend without a purpose.
on 11:13:00 AM
Monday, November 22, 2010
- 共修的分享 (from a reporter)：為什麼天使會飛？因為他們看得自己很輕。我們說話重，因為看得自己很重。
- 在第三天的坐禪，in & out，覺得煩厭，有點想逃離現場。 （這點我在佛法分享時跟法師說了，待在香港的一個，對這點很有興趣。在第二天的時候，感受過雀鳥叫聲的美妙，頓時空間大了）
- think of to just follow and do it but it is not the case, therefore just let the heart to be
- walking meditation: able to keep the pace, seeing people 從後而上
- in - 2 steps, out - 3 steps, 1st feeling, not easy
- practise: firstly to follow the pace of 法師, then try to say 12345, then remember that there should be one step after breath out, then seem find the current most suitable way to practise
- same as breathing, seem to pay attention to in out then forgot the feet
- is it to concentrate on the moment while foot is touching the ground?
- then try to notice (or want to notice)
- notice that trying to do 2 things at a time
- and keeping the pace
- breakfast: yesterday thought that today is fried noodle & congee. Yes.
- like to eat with others as they are practising the noble silent
- being reminded so many times to be noble silent at least in meditation hall, meal, however people keep on to talk and those may not be necessary and one thing may say for many times
- going to retreat, the purpose should be very clear. then?
- I don't know whether it is a judgement or something for my reflection
- anyway, I write above in the meditation hall waiting for the Dharma talk. It is ok to have sound around and I can do what I do
- yesterday felt like very long, doing alot of things and seem like I stay in the retreat for many days already
- 拿了參加 five mindfulness trainings 的表格，昨天還說不參與的，不知道呢，寫的一刻，still willing
- after walking meditation，人精神多了
- 今早的sitting meditation，僧團們好像很累的，男的說時有點匆忙，女的好像有點懶漫
- right foot on the left thigh, another side not very comfortable and support not good
- neck uncomfortable, want to sleep
- 晚上再有sitting meditation，要 concentrate
- spiritual 緣 （良師益友）
- 做著 第三的時候，人貼著地面多一點，空間(inside body) 大了
- 看到名牌上的組別，不悅的問了一句，為何是這個英文名字，可也想到yoga 班上也有同名字的人
- neck discomfort, is due to chest & shoulder didn't open
- yesterday doing sitting meditation after dinner, feeling abit "pain" (not really pain but didn't know how to describe while breathing out
- morning sitting meditation ok in the starting but end up always thought of ending (starting from middle)
- yesterday notice that the workers in canteen also followed our pace. at that moment, really feeling the influence of a "group" （這點在完結時，大會司儀也有提到）
- there is nothing to push but people may choose and decide what to do in the moment
- at the last night: a lady came to talk to me proactively. when I told her I practise yoga, she said I looked liked of it as I am calm. she may be 30 years older than me
- the last day: practising to be neutral especially for talking, just like an observer
- during the transmission ceremony, finally able to sit in still and discover that the way I was sitting was not the way and it is why the neck is feeling uncomfortable (there is reason)
- during the last Dharma talk, back is feeling soft
- 有留意出家人吃的是什麼，看見有幾個都加了醬油，又 加辣椒。
- 吃了這麼多餐，很佩服他們的設計，基本上沒有重複的。 春捲出現了兩次，喜歡啊！
- total relaxation 的時候，某朋友就在我旁。
Yesterday woke up early and tried to do walking meditation from MTR to yoga practise centre. However it is really not the case. I could walk slowly but the mind was very busy (I was not thinking of anything). In the retreat, we do sitting meditation first and it seem is a must.
Sunday, November 21, 2010
1. 般若波羅密多心經 (心經)哪裡找，一早就找好了。
Saturday, November 20, 2010
Friday, November 19, 2010
The Dharma talk is a kind of device that can help you to allow the seed of wisdom and awakening in you to manifest, and not to take the Dharma talk as notions and ideas in order to make heavier your luggage of knowledge. That is the idea of the Buddha.
You have to practice. You have to sacrifice your happiness. If you have that feeling, you are caught.
The Buddha says that this understanding does not come from others – it is the practitioner's own understanding. That is to say, this kind of teaching is not a theory, is not something that Sariputra can tell you and you believe it and therefore you are transformed. You are in touch with suffering and the unmaking of suffering and the making of suffering right in the present moment in your own continuum. That understanding will arise from your own practice; it is not something that is given to you by somebody else. It can only arise from your own practice.
Let me begin to explain to you the differences between a lineage name, a Dharma name, and a Dharma title. Each of us, upon receiving the five mindfulness trainings, is given a lineage name ( pháp danh, 法名). When one is ordained as a monastic member or an OI-member, one receives a Dharma name (pháp tự, 法字). Some monastic members also have a Dharma title (pháp hiệu, 法號). Thầy, our teacher, has the lineage name Trừng Quang (澄光), the Dharma name Phùng Xuân (逢春) and the Dharma title Nhất Hạnh (一行). We call him Zen Master Thích Nhất Hạnh.
As a disciple of Thầy, your lineage name is e.g., Compassion of the Heart. Heart (Tâm, 心) is the 9th classical Chinese character of Zen Master Liễu Quán's gatha:
Thiệt tế đại đạo Tánh hải thanh trừng Tâm nguyên quảng nhuận Đức bổn từ phong Giới định phúc tuệ Thể dụng viên thông Vĩnh siêu trí quả Mật khế thành công Truyền trì diệu lý Diễn xướng chánh tông Hành giải tương ứng Đạt ngộ chân không.
寔際大道, 性海清澄心源廣潤, 德本慈風戒定福慧, 體用圓通永超智果, 密契成功傳持妙理, 演暢正宗行解相應, 達悟真空
Thursday, November 18, 2010
Wednesday, November 17, 2010
When you observe my right hand, my right hand has the wisdom of non discrimination. My right hand operates also on the ground of no self, no discrimination. That is why there is no complex of superiority, or inferiority, or equality. You are surprised to see that the surprise of being equal is a bad complex. It is a complex; therefore it is bad. Because, the wisdom of non discrimination is the wisdom that allows you to see that you belong to the same body, to the same Sangha, to the same reality. You see, he is you and "you" is him. Therefore, there is no need to compare. When you say that I am as good as he is, you operate on the notion of self; and therefore the complex of equality is also a disease, a sickness. You just rejoice, whether your big sister or your younger sister is beautiful. Operating wonderfully as a practitioner, you rush to rejoice; you don't have jealousy, you don't compare. Everything she achieves, you achieve; everything you achieve, she achieves. And that is the spirit of non discrimination.
Tuesday, November 16, 2010
Monday, November 15, 2010
觸 <---if mindful then 念 (念 can impact feeling, then with 安) --->安 (also can impact feeling)，慧 ，受， 想
思 illusion / without practise
1. I am suffer, I want you to know it
2. I am doing my best
3. Pls help
4. to ask for explanation (many things perceived with wrong perception)
想 / 相 sign
become the object of the heart
listening - to help others to talk to suffer less but own 1st
mindfulness listening - will not feeling anger
I feel joyful while hearing someone told me she was very angry last week. I don't think she was angry but just is her presentation. Actually nothing is changed but just how I feel is different. Maybe my tone is not the same as before as it is not so pushing (perceive by others). So believe that once you allow something to happen, then it may happen.
on 5:15:00 PM
embrace anger, like a mother to take care of a child
no resistance to anger as it is part of us
transform, like to turn on air-con to turn the high temp. to be cool
煩惱 / 覺醒， 煩惱不是敵人
覺醒 / 平安
念 + 定 / wisdom
love may turn to hate, turn hate to love, like organic farming
others suffer, also affecting us
they need help, not to punish
mingfulness breathing: 1. to know in & out
2. to follow the breath, from begining to the end
the only object in the mind
body is also formation
4. allow the body to release the inside tension, in order to calm down
the above 4 is for the body
use sitting position to practise, walking as well
5. joy 喜覺
6. happiness 樂覺
7. painful feeling 覺察痛苦
8. release 痛苦
from 5 to 8 is about feeling
苦 集 (to understand) 滅 道
how / happiness
1. 離 (let go) 生 喜 樂
2. mindfulness 念
3. concentration 定
4. understanding 慧
四樣東西：花 (ourselves)、山(solid & stable)、淨水 (這個忘記了) 和空間 (free)，這是在營裡沒有聽過的。
Saturday, November 13, 2010
Friday, November 12, 2010
I can say this will be a pattern that she will not show up on Tue. as well. There should be no action from any parties although she likes to have an unstable schedule. It may lead to totally disappeared finally.
I am not trying to compress the emotion. Just a moment, I ask them to come up but nothing (or I don't aware). Still have wrong assumption before thing comes up but it is slowly improved. Here a bad seed and I don't need to flower it :)
Cannot do so during the retreat and found it very tired eating in this way. Always want to finish faster then try to put more food into the month. However knowing this is not the way. Reading a talk record of 法印法师, he said the purpose of this way of chewing is to make the solid into liquid and it is for easy digestion purpose.
Trying to do it again last night and I chewed more than 30. Maybe it was too crowd (to me is no space to practise it well). We had 9 persons to eat together. Trying to do and do it naturally are 2 different things. Need time and don't be too serious, it was what 法印法师 told me.
Thursday, November 11, 2010
Friend S uses the same saying pattern and my emotion arised is not the same as before. I tell myself just not to take those words which causing the emotion. Actually without those words, the message is clearer.
He always says he is busy. However busy for what? Or just a feeling of rushing and use double or even more time to complete a task. I need to do more experiment by myself :)
on 10:51:00 AM
Wednesday, November 10, 2010
When we are in a situation, we either say we like him or we do not like him, I like this or I don't like this. The moment we have contact with any object of our perception, right away our feeling begin to come in.
The new version of this saying is: I have arrived, I am home. Whatever comes to our daily life in this moment, I am happy with it. We learn to accept it the way it is. And do not reject it or grasp it. This embodies the spirit of Mahayana Buddhism. There is no enlightenment to be attained. It is there already for us. The question is whether we are there for it. The moment we allow ourselves to be enlightened we are enlightened.
Home is not a statement for arrival. Home is here and now. That is talking about the space and the time.
佛陀 說：「放 不 下，就 擔起來。」弟子就領悟了。
Tuesday, November 9, 2010
on 9:29:00 PM
The Sangha is the community that lives in harmony and awareness.Seem it is no point for me to struggle what I need to do to have the situation changed (most of the emotion comes from here, per current awareness). Sure it is not meant there is nothing to do. It is just a cow that I need to let go.
I don't know whether I will really like the new community. If not giving a try, never will know. At least can meet with some experienced practitioners. I can sure can learn alot from them.
on 4:04:00 PM
Monday, November 8, 2010
Happiness is here and nowListen to the song
I have dropped my worries
No where to go
Nothing to do
No longer in a hurry
Happiness is here and now
I have dropped my worries
Somewhere to go
Something to do
But i don't need to hurry
時常把worries 讀成merries :)